Thursday 6 August 2015

Getting scrappy...

So, I finally got around to starting Asha's scrapbook. It's something that I've been meaning to get around to, and FINALLY!! I did.

I sat there looking at all my supplies and for a long time, I couldn't seem to make anything work. Then it hit me. I was trying to make it look like a traditional scrapbooking layout, and the whole point was to do it in the style of mixed media. And it all fell into place.

I absolutely love reading the book "On The Night You Were Born" to Asha (every night!) And so this made for a perfect quote. It speaks volumes about the wonder a baby being born, and also for the parents, meaning that their lives are forever changed.

The composition is 3D texture paste using a Kaisercraft quarter stencil, Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains, alphabet stamps with Archival Ink, cotton thread, Kaisercraft mini blooms, glitter letters, and DIYshop cork butterflies.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it. Have an amazing week. Xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it Tegan...the verse you used is gorgeous!

    Have fun creating, documenting special moments of Asha's life....it is a beautiful way to put together memories....not just photos in an album....every photo has a story to tell!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xx

      We love reading her the book, "On the night you were born". It's one of her favourites, along with Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes.

      Delete