Wednesday 12 August 2015

CinderBlue

Happy Thursday!

So this week, I've decided to share another of my Disney-themed mixed media ICs. 

Apart from being the next princess chronologically, Cinderella has always made me think of dreams coming true...after all, "a dream is a wish your heart makes". She has a beautiful blue colour-scheme, but also the story shows loyalty, dedication, and never letting life get you down, because this too shall pass.

With this piece, I wanted to make it very texture heavy and give it a depth that my previous piece didn't have. I started with Tim Holtz Distress Spray stains in broken china and chipped sapphire, and used acrylic paint to paint a foot. Next, I layered white lace, blue stained tissue paper and scrapbook paper to give dimension and show the voluminous layers of her skirts. I then used 3D texture paste over the top with a Kaisercraft stencil, and more spray stain. Finally, I added a diamond embellishment, and edged the card and quote in Tim Holtz ink in faded jeans. 

The piece wouldn't be complete if Cinderella didn't have her glass slipper, so I cut one from some clear plastic using an Xacto knife and used some UHU glustick to attach it.

I hope you all like it.

Have an excellent week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment