Wednesday 29 July 2015

Snow Apple

So, for those who don't know, I am in love with Disney. Particularly the princesses.  So with this in mind, I've decided to do a princess-themed quote IC, because the princesses inspire me to love truly, live passionately and dream endlessly.

For my first, I've created "Snow Apple".  Using a scrap plastic cover from a textbook and an Xacto knife, I created my own stencil for the apple. The colours are a combination of acrylic paint, my own colour sprays and Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains.  I also used Ranger Texture paste (some mixed with acrylic, some not) to create dimension.  The dots were made using a Tim Holtz stencil. Finally, using a Kaisercraft "script" stamp and Ranger archival ink, I added some extra shadow.

The quote is from the first time we meet Snow. She's in her peasant gear, leaning over the well, singing to the doves, telling the world that she's "wishing for her love to find her" and take her away. While Snow isn't one of my favourites, I love her gentleness and kindness, and her soul-deep sweetness. She reminds me a lot of one of my best friends and the fact that she's just 'so in love with love' and finding her fairytale.

Have a good week,
Tegan x

1 comment:

  1. Wow chick, this is so cool...love your apple and your great paint/ink work. Have seen IRL and love it!!

    Have fun in blog-world. xx

    ReplyDelete