Saturday 3 October 2015

The Beast Within

Hi everyone!

We're slowly working our way through our Disney-inspired ICs and it should be pretty evident by now, that the princesses are in chronological order. And so, this week's IC is about the bookish, beautiful Belle.

Beauty and the Beast is a wonderful story about learning to love the person living inside the skin, and not just judging on the outer appearance. Belle really resonated with me as a child, and even more so as a teenager, because I myself was a real book worm and didn't understand why it was required to change who I was just to fit in.

I decided that the imagery for this IC should be the ever iconic rose in the bell jar. But to tie in Belle's love of books I put a torn out page as the background, before using both home made and Tim Holtz Distress Spray stains to colour it. The rose was more book pages coloured and (painstakingly) crafted into the memorable rose. The interesting part of this piece is the bell jar.  Initially I had just cut out a piece of clear plastic to cover it, but after I had stuck it down, I used my heat gun to try and dry it quicker and it started to melt. So grabbing the opportunity (after freaking out), I used a ball tool from a nail art kit to mould it to the contours of the rose. Then I used black water colour to outline it amd give it some definition.

And we're done! I hope you love it as much as I do and have a good week.

Laters! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment