Sunday 11 October 2015

Whole New World

Hi guys!

We're back this week with another Disney IC, and this week's card features the lovely Jasmine.  Known for her forthright nature and great escaping skills, she's a princess out to find her own freedom. I took inspiration from the moment where her whole perspective becomes clear about what she wants and the freedom she feels when she's with Aladdin ('cause let's be honest, she knew it was him the whole carpet ride).

I wanted to incorporate the magic carpet into it, amd being the HUGE Disnerd I am, some miscellaneous scrapbooking paper just wasn't going to cut it. So after colouring the index card in Tim Holtz Distress Spray stain in copied sapphire, I went to work hand painting a piece of purple felt to look like Carpet. And overall,I'm pretty happy with the effect. I cut out a magic lamp from black cardstock and filled in the details with gold pen.

The piece wouldn't be complete without Genie's signature blue smoke and this was achieved by coloring some white tissue paper blue. Then I twisted it and glued it in place until I was happy with the effect. 

And we're done.  I feel that I must tell you that every time I work on one of these cards I am constantly singing the lyrics. That is just how much I love Disney. Anywho, have a good week b lovely people, and see you soon. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment