Thursday 17 September 2015

Mermaid Out of Water

So....I know,  I know....I've been a little slack recently with my posting. Last week, I had some personal stuff going on with the family, and so, it means that Iforgot to post last week, so sorry for that. However, that doesn't mean that I haven't been creating.

This week's piece is yet another Disney-inspired work.  So we all know the story of the Little Mermaid, and like all '80s girls, I am no different. Ariel is a gorgeous princess who only wants the freedom and independence to find her true love and happily ever after. Her song indicates her desire to leave the familiar and explore and just be 'a part of that world'.

In this IC, I decided to experiment with different textures. The scales were created using 3D texture paste and a Kaisercraft stencil. I also used a paste with small grains and yellow acrylic paint to give it a sand-like texture.  l used spray acrylic paint (my own) and a baby wipe to create the seaweed, and a piece of mesh from a gauze bag i had.

Finally, I used blue and white gelatos to create a  bubble-like effect. And that's  it!

I hope you all really enjoy it, and have a fantasmagorical week!

Teegs xxx

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty Tegan, just loooove those colours!!!

    ReplyDelete