Thursday 3 September 2015

Daddy's Girl

Lately, I've been cycling through my projects to try and get them done.  This week I moved on to doing some of my daughter's scrapbook, which I had been meaning to get around to for some time now.

I love this photo of my husband on the day our daughter was born. The look of devotion in his eyes, and the wonder in hers, it just makes me happy.

So, with this page, I was very fortunate, because I had visited my very talented aunt, who bequeathed me with a whole heap of supplies that she no longer needed/wanted/being made to get rid of on the threat of it being burned.  One of these items was an Australian Scrapbooking magazine (which needless to say, New obsession!), and in it was a tutorial on using gesso to fade the page.  I thought that it look really cool, so I thought I'd give it a go. I then distressed the topmost page, and started to think of embellishments.

The first thing the jumped out was a ruffle made out of fabric.  I had a piece of dusky pink organza ribbon, that I kept from who know what, so I grabbed my glue gun and made a ruffle (cue much swearing and singed fingers). But it looked pretty good! I finished it off by adding some gold and translucent tape and I was pretty happy with one picture. I used some Tim Holtz Spray Stain in Picked Raspberry to add a bloom of colour in the backgroind, and another piece of scrapbook paper to act as a focal point. I also used some left over white lace to make a mixture of femininity and masculinity.  I then layered on different brads and floral embellishments, as wells as some stickers that I had left over.

I also used some clock stamps from the Dark Room, and used pink and white Faber Castell Gelatos to shade the stamps. Finally, I used a quote from a book about families, that my mother had given me.

I hope it brings a smile to your days. Happy Friday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment